Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious hot weather salad if you like bell peppers and tomatoes. Can be served hot or cold (I prefer cold) and is very easy!
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med- high heat.
- Cook garlic and onion in oil, stirring often, until tender.
- Reduce heat to med-low and add peppers.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Cook uncovered about 5 minutes, stirring often, until peppers are crisp tender.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
This is a very simple sidedish to make during the week. I added some extra garlic but otherwise made as directed. Served alongside some roasted chicken and rice. It was quite tasty. Thanks..