Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a wonderful recipe that has been tried and true. It is a wonderful addition to any menu of an Acadian served meal. I hope all my family and friends enjoy this recipe.
- 1 lb cleaned crawfish tail
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 recipe of golden roux
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Saute, onions celery and bell pepper in butter add salt and the paprika. Add golden roux. Stir until well blended. Add crawfish tails cook ten minutes on medium-high heat, stirring often. Add water and simmer 30 minutes. Add more water if too thick. Serve hot over rice. To make golden roux melt butter in a cast iron skillet over low temperature. Blend in flour until golden color, stirring occasionally. Takes about 15 minutes.
What a great cajun recipe. Thank you chef Teer. It hit the spot with all my guests. You will be a happy camper if you make this dish. Stan by to be blown away. Pigpurple
If I had a crawfish, I'd crawfish in the morning, I'd crawfish in the evening and all over this land! DELICIOUS!