Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sauce was in the newspaper and I have added my touch,. There are Taco Treat restaurants in Great Falls for many many years. This is the second recipe I have posted for the Enchilada Sauce. I have my preference but take your choice. It is up to your taste buds. Both are inexpensive to prepare. I added the filling recipe too.
- 2 (850.48 g) can enchilada sauce, mild, medium flavoring
- 28.34 g packagelawry's brown gravy mix
- 236.59 ml water
- 59.16 ml sour cream
- 453.59 g ground beef, browned
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 236.59 ml diced onion
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 709.77 ml shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- In large saucepan, add the first three ingredients and wisk to mix.
- Heat, turn down to simmer until slightly thick.
- Mix ground beef, geen chilies and onion in separate bowl.
- Add 2 tblsps sour cream and salt.
- Dip corn tortillas in sauce. Place on a pan.
- Place a filling on each dipped tortilla.
- Roll up and use a toothpick to hold in place.
- Add remaining sour cream to sauce and mix.
- Pour over the rolled tortillas.
- Place in reheated 350* oven, covered.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Tip: If you want fillings to stay together, add a little dry instant potato flakes or a little cornstarch, or a little flour. Do not add too much. Mix it in the filling and let it set for a few minutes.
If you are trying to duplicate Taco Treat recipes, you need to use American cheese, they get it in in 5 lb block that they shred every morning. At least that is the way they did it years ago when I worked there. I am going to try this recipe & see what my husband thinks, I am tired of buying the Treats enchilada sauce, we live 100 miles away from the one in Billings & over 100 from the ones in Great Falls. Makes meal planning tough!