Montana Heart Song's Note:
This sauce was in the newspaper and I have added my touch,. There are Taco Treat restaurants in Great Falls for many many years. This is the second recipe I have posted for the Enchilada Sauce. I have my preference but take your choice. It is up to your taste buds. Both are inexpensive to prepare. I added the filling recipe too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (850.48 g) can enchilada sauce, mild, medium flavoring
- 28.34 g package lawry's brown gravy mix
- 236.59 ml water
- 59.16 ml sour cream
- 1In large saucepan, add the first three ingredients and wisk to mix.
- 2Heat, turn down to simmer until slightly thick.
- 3Mix ground beef, geen chilies and onion in separate bowl.
- 4Add 2 tblsps sour cream and salt.
- 5Dip corn tortillas in sauce. Place on a pan.
- 6Place a filling on each dipped tortilla.
- 7Roll up and use a toothpick to hold in place.
- 8Add remaining sour cream to sauce and mix.
- 9Pour over the rolled tortillas.
- 10Place in reheated 350* oven, covered.
- 11Bake 25-30 minutes.
- 12Tip: If you want fillings to stay together, add a little dry instant potato flakes or a little cornstarch, or a little flour. Do not add too much. Mix it in the filling and let it set for a few minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Treat Enchilada Sauce 2
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 809.7
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 158.0 mg
- Sodium 2647.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 47.0 g