Recipe by FOODFROMMYHEART
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Potato and grilled chicken pizza, accented with southwestern veggies, bacon & goat cheese with a taco flair.
Top Review by bill mayes
This is a little harder to make than I make. It looked like a pizza but the taste while pretty good did not taste like a southwestern food. Maybe a little more toco powder a tad more corn and black beans. It certainly is creative but I needed a little more to make it again. Made for fall PAC 2012
- 12 inches pizza crusts, Ready to Bake
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups favorite prepared pasta or 1 1⁄3 cups pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup diced sun-dried tomato
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 cup crispy cooked crumbled smoked bacon
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 8 ounces pre-grilled chicken strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Brush crust and edges with olive oil. Combine the pizza sauce, taco seasoning mix and sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl, then spread over crust bottom. Layer remaining ingredients except cilantro over the crust.
- Bake pizza on a perforated pizza pan or cheese melted baking sheet, on center of the oven rack, about 8-10 minutes, or until crust is golden-brown and. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro. Let pizza rest 3-4 minutes, then slice and serve!