Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in a Redbook Magazine in the 1980's. Of course, I tweaked it after I made it the first time. It is good and fruity and crunchy and somewhat healthy. Looks pretty and tastes good on a holiday cookie tray
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed, i usually use light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oatmeal, not instant
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (6 ounce) packagesunmaid fruit bits or 1 (6 ounce) package raisins
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed, i usually use light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 9 pan or use cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl cream butter and 2/3 cup brown sugar.
- In a large bowl mix 1 cup flour, baking powder, salt, oatmeal, and sesame seeds.
- Add the butter brown sugar mixture and mix well with fork.
- In a separate bowl mix the fruit bits and 2 tablespoons flour.
- Then add orange marmalade and 1/4 cup flour.
- Pat 1/2 oatmeal mixture in prepared pan.
- Pat down.
- Spread fruit mixture evenly on top of oatmeal mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Pat down.
- Bake@ 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 1 inch squares.