Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend veganized a traditional mashed potato recipe. It was so tasty that we asked for a repeat performance the next year. Double the recipe if making it for a potluck dinner.
- 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup warm soymilk (maybe more)
- 1⁄4 cup vegan margarine (maybe more)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain well.
- Add soymilk, vegan margarine, salt and pepper; mash until light and fluffy.
- Add more soymilk and vegan margarine, if needed, to get a creamier texture.
Nice and simple mashed potato recipe :) I love my mashed potato's just the way they are. I'm not a huge fan of adding a ton of extras, that's what gravy is for :P
I actually didn't know what to expect with this recipe as I am not a Vegan. I was pleasantly surprised. I whipped the potatoes with my hand held mixer and cut the recipe in half as we are only a family of two. Next time, I may try these with almond milk as I always have that on hand. Made for Spring PAC 2013.