Foolproof Traditional Mashed Potatoes
This is a recipe for simple, tasty, perfect and traditional mashed potatoes. I found that I always made potatoes and had to eyeball ingredients and keep tasting and tasting to get perfect results. This recipe is about as perfect as I could find. My family really likes traditional potatoes...no garlic, etc. This is the one for us. Hope you like it too.
- Ready In:
- 7 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup milk (must be warmed before using)
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper (fresh ground and to taste)
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well.
- Add milk, butter, salt and pepper; mash until light and fluffy. (I use an electric mixer for this).