Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Southern favorite. Tailgating and large crowds - easy and impressive.
- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 5 quarts water
- 3 ounces crab boil seasoning
- 4 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 lbs Polish kielbasa or 2 lbs hot link sausage
- 5 ears corn, halved
- 4 lbs fresh jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Add potatoes to a large stock pot or turkey fryer pot, then add water, crab boil seasoning and Old Bay seasoning.
- Cover pot, fire up the range or turkey fryer, and bring to a rolling boil while reducing heat but still maintaining lightly rolling boil; cook 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and corn, return to a boil and cook 10 more minutes (until potatoes are starting to become tender).
- Add shrimp to stockpot and cook 3 to 3.5 minutes, until shrimp turn light pink.
- Drain immediately and dump onto large tray lined with meat paper or sanitary news print.
- Serve with cocktail sauce and LOTS of horseradish!