A Southern favorite. Tailgating and large crowds - easy and impressive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add potatoes to a large stock pot or turkey fryer pot, then add water, crab boil seasoning and Old Bay seasoning.
- 2Cover pot, fire up the range or turkey fryer, and bring to a rolling boil while reducing heat but still maintaining lightly rolling boil; cook 5 minutes.
- 3Add sausage and corn, return to a boil and cook 10 more minutes (until potatoes are starting to become tender).
- 4Add shrimp to stockpot and cook 3 to 3.5 minutes, until shrimp turn light pink.
- 5Drain immediately and dump onto large tray lined with meat paper or sanitary news print.
- 6Serve with cocktail sauce and LOTS of horseradish!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Lowcountry Boil
Serving Size: 1 (1177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 943.8
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 565.9 mg
- Sodium 2310.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 89.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
crab boil seasoning
Old Bay Seasoning