1/8 Photos of Tortured Chicken - Beer Can
1 hr 15 mins
debra dolman's Note:
I first saw these "tortured" chickens served at a bar-b-q. Lined up on a serving platter, beer cans still in place! Talk about a conversation starter!The dry rub sounds bizarre, but I guarantee the proportions blend into a delicious combination.
My Private Note
whole c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 4 dry ingredients together.
- 2Use this rub inside and out of the cleaned, dry chicken.
- 3Be generous.
- 4Place 1/2 can of beer in center of roasting pan.
- 5Position"bottom" of chicken over beer and slide chicken over the can of beer until the chicken is"sitting" upright in the pan.
- 6The fit will be snug and chicken will be secure.
- 7Roast uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 8Do not baste, do not turn pan.
- 9The beer will steam the chicken deliciously.
- 10When done, carefully remove can of beer from chicken and serve.
- 11Chicken can also be carved while"sitting" on the beer can.
- 12I have"tortured" 2 or 3 chickens in the same roaster and did not have to adjust cooking time.
- 13This melt-in-your-mouth chicken will get rave reviews.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortured Chicken - Beer Can
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.5
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 9600.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 36.5 g
- Protein 45.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: