Recipe by Marich
A rich, delicious ice cream treat. Not too much work and worth the effort. We have this for dessert on Christmas Eve but it's good anytime!
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream (very soft)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 2 cups amaretti cookies, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons brandy or 3 tablespoons any dark liquor
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crushed cookies, chocolate chips, almonds and cherries in large bowl.
- Beat cream till slightly firm. Add brandy and beat till peaks form. Add to the cookie mixture.
- Beat the ice cream in a separate bowl till soft and creamy.
- Using a spatula, fold the cookie mixture into the ice cream. Place in freezable container till firm.
- Take out a half hour before serving so that it's not too hard and enjoy.
- Really good.