Chef #737927's Note:
These are very popular at our house. They pack well for picnics or lunches on the go because they can also be served cold. For a vegetarian meal, leave out the chicken or turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cooked chicken (cubed or pureed) or 1 cup turkey (cubed or pureed)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or American cheese, reduced fat )
- 1/2 cup yellow squash (puree)
- 1/2 cup carrot (puree)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (or non-fat)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large burrito-size whole wheat tortillas
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Line baking sheets with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together the chicken or turkey, cheese, squash and carrot purees, cream cheese, garlic powder, and salt.
- 3Cut the tortillas in half. Place one half on the work surface with the straight edge facing you. Spread about two tablespoons of the filling along that edge from one side to the other. Starting at the edge, roll the tortilla into a cigar shape, completely enclosing the filling. Place seam side down on the baking sheet. Stuff and roll the rest of the tortillas the same way.
- 4Bake until the tortillas begin to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Cigars (With Yellow Squash and Carrot)
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 268.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
burrito-size whole wheat tortillas