This is from my daughter in law, the grandkids love it and so do we, lots of taste, we pass the salsa to spoon over.
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained,rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 corn tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese or 3 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, spray large nonstick frypan with veggie spray, heat over high heat until hot.
- Add ground beef, brown 8-10 minutes , until thouroughly cooked, stirring constantly.
- Drain well, return beef to frypan.
- Add beans, tomatoes, chilles and chilli powder, mix well.
- Reduce heat, simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray 12 x 8 inch (2 quart) baking dish with veggie spray.
- Cut each tortilla in half, place 6 halves in bottom of sprayed baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Spoon half of the beef mixture evenly over the tortillas.
- Spoon sour cream over beef mixture, spread evenly.
- Top with remaining six tortilla halves and remaining beef mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover, let stand 3 minutes or until cheese is melted, sprinkle with cilantro.