Recipe by Derf
This is from my daughter in law, the grandkids love it and so do we, lots of taste, we pass the salsa to spoon over.
Top Review by Cappy
I've made this caserole many times...it's a real keeper, and has always been a big hit at Pot-Luck luncheons at my workplace. I put Pace Pacante sauce on the top, and then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained,rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 corn tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese or 3 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, spray large nonstick frypan with veggie spray, heat over high heat until hot.
- Add ground beef, brown 8-10 minutes , until thouroughly cooked, stirring constantly.
- Drain well, return beef to frypan.
- Add beans, tomatoes, chilles and chilli powder, mix well.
- Reduce heat, simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray 12 x 8 inch (2 quart) baking dish with veggie spray.
- Cut each tortilla in half, place 6 halves in bottom of sprayed baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Spoon half of the beef mixture evenly over the tortillas.
- Spoon sour cream over beef mixture, spread evenly.
- Top with remaining six tortilla halves and remaining beef mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover, let stand 3 minutes or until cheese is melted, sprinkle with cilantro.