Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very flavorful salad. Prep/cook time does not include chill time.
Make and share this Tortellini Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces tortellini
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 5 cups chopped arugula
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup asiago cheese or 1⁄3 cup parmigiano or 1⁄3 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions to al dente. Drain and allow to cool, but do not run under water. (Mix in a little olive oil to prevent sticking and drying.)
- Meanwhile, marinate the sundried tomatoes and garlic in extra virgin olive oil. When tortellini have cooled enough to handle, add the arugula, onion, prosciutto, asiago cheese and the sundried tomato/garlic/olive oil mixture, mixing well and adding salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Allow to sit, covered and chilled for about an hour so flavors can blend.
Great salad went great with Nutty Italian Burger (For the Grill). Used spinach and may use Roma tomatoes next time.
Hubby and I gobbled this up! So delicious! I skimped on the olive oil when marinating (which I did overnight) but I didn't realize this part was the only 'dressing' on the salad! When I tossed everything with spinach just before serving, the greens almost stayed dry. It was still delicious, but next time I may use the recipe amount of oil.
Outstanding pasta salad! Marinating the garlic and sundried tomatoes in the olive oil takes this to an all new level. Wonderful blend of flavors. I used spinach in place of arugula, simply because that's what I had on hand, but I think the peppery bite of the arugula would be wonderful as well! So simple, so good.