A very flavorful salad. Prep/cook time does not include chill time.
Make and share this Tortellini Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces tortellini
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 5 cups chopped arugula
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup asiago cheese or 1⁄3 cup parmigiano or 1⁄3 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions to al dente. Drain and allow to cool, but do not run under water. (Mix in a little olive oil to prevent sticking and drying.)
- Meanwhile, marinate the sundried tomatoes and garlic in extra virgin olive oil. When tortellini have cooled enough to handle, add the arugula, onion, prosciutto, asiago cheese and the sundried tomato/garlic/olive oil mixture, mixing well and adding salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Allow to sit, covered and chilled for about an hour so flavors can blend.