Recipe by Carrie Ann
This is a nice soup to serve on a nippy fall evening with hot crusty bread or rolls.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Cooked this easy to make soup for our harvest cook-a-thon. The smell of onion, celery, and garlic is so wonderful that you know that you are going to have a great tasting meal, and we did. This soup is so eash to make, and it is so tasty. I didn't change anything or tweak it in any way, and it was perfect. The colors of the vegetables look lovely, and it was a great additions to our table. Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced plum tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onions, carrots, and celery; cook 4 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Add stock, basil and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Stir in tomatoes, spinach and tortellini.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until tortellini is heated through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately.