1/8 Photos of Torta Di Riso
"Torta di Riso is one of Italy's favourite cold picnic food recipes and a big part of Easter Italian food customs". This recipe was originaly posted by Cath Andrews on: http://www.explore-italian-culture.com/cold-picnic-food-recipes.html. Thank you Cath for sharing this great recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to gas mark 6, 200ºC, 400ºF.
- 2Defrost the spinach and squeeze as much liquid out of it as possible.
- 3Boil the rice in salted water until 'al dente'.
- 4Fry the onion in the olive oil until soft and golden.
- 5Break the eggs into a cup and beat lightly.
- 6Put the rice in a large bowl and add the Parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 7Add the spinach, onion and butter, followed by the eggs.
- 8Mix everything together thoroughly.
- 9Grease an ovenproof dish. Make sure it's not too big - the mixture should be three inches or so deep.
- 10Bake for about 25 minutes, until firm and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Torta Di Riso
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.5
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 142.4 mg
- Sodium 778.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 10.8 g