Recipe by Torgo, Esq.
I am Torgo. When The Master told me we were becoming vegan, I said it was an abomination. He then reminded me, "You're the abomination, goat boy!" Since he doesn't yet want to give up his favorite comfort foods (and comfort wives), I concocted this simple fake lasagna. It makes 2 large portions if only accompanied with bread, or 4 small portions if 2 hapless guests dine with you and your The Master. You'll find Torgotta Cheese with my other recipes.
Top Review by fwiffo
My master (by which I mean my mouth) prefers it saucier, so I ended up using about 2 more cups of sauce (adding a sauce layer on top of the top noodles), and using gluten free brown rice noodles I needed more like six to make 2 8x8 layers, other than that made as written, Torgogna is great! Made with Torgotta (natch) and Michael Chiarello's Marinara Sauce.
- 4 whole wheat lasagna noodles, broken in half (or enough to make 2 layers)
- 6 ounces vegan veggie crumbles
- 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce (for mix)
- 1 tablespoon pasta sauce (for coating pan)
- 1 prepared recipe torgotta cheese (see my recipes)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese (esp. Follow My Heart)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil lasagna to al dente. Drain and allow to cool so you can handle (rinsing helps).
- In a bowl, mix together the 1/2 cup sauce with veggie crumbles.
- In a 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan, spread 1 Tbspn pasta sauce on pan bottom. Place first noodle layer on top. On top of this, spread prepared Torgotta. On top of this, spread veggie crumble mixture. On top of this, place your second layer. On top of this, place the vegan mozarella.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Eat.