Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very sweet sorbet and it is a great palate cleanser after an elaborate meal. It's best eaten alone and is once again another one of my originals.
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 small valencia oranges (zested and peeled)
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Boil sugar, water, orange zest,extract, and liqueur without stirring.
- While syrup is cooking, blend flesh of oranges until smooth.
- Add to boiling syrup, remove from heat, and cool in freezer for 30 minutes, making sure not to actually freeze it. Or place in refrigerator overnight.
- Place in ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Eat immediately (because it melts fast) or place in freezer to harden.