Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am not a mushroom fan, but these are easy to make before a party.
- 1⁄2 lb sage sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 -2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 2 ounces Parkay squeeze margarine
- Fry sausage and drain grease.
- Break the stems out of the mushrooms and finely dice up the stems.
- Place the diced stems in a bowl and add the sausage and the cream cheese. Mix well with a spoon.
- Line the mushroom caps, upside down, on a baking pan. Put a scoop of the filling into each cap.
- Squeeze some butter over each mushroom.
- Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Then remove the foil and let bake an additional 10 minutes. If they start looking too dry, add a little bit of water to the bottom of the baking pan.
These are so yummy. I used a breakfast sausage that I had and just added in some sage...nice flavor. I used some huge mushrooms so only used some of the stems...this made the perfect amount to fill the shrooms...boy are these filling. I could only eat two. I cut the recipe in half and got 8 huge mushrooms...I served them on one of our appetizer nights. Thanks for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2011 :)