Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tonkatsu is deep fried pork chop - Japanese pork cutlet.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces curry sauce (1 package of Golden Curry Sauce Mix)
- 1 large yellow onion
- 5 carrots
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (or panko)
- 1 cup milk
- 4 pork chops
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Pork Cutlet:.
- Soak pork chops in milk.
- Peel and chop carrots and onions.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- Coat Pork Chops with breadcrumbs.
- Fry on both sides in oil until cooked through.
- Set Pork chops aside.
- Curry Sauce:.
- Sautee onions and carrots until cooked.
- Add 1 cup of water and Golden Curry.
- Cover and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- If sauce is too thick, add more water.
- Reduce heat.
- Spoon the curry mix over the pork cutlets.
- Serve with over rice.