Recipe by startnover
We had this when we visited Disneyland...so yummy! Mine came w/o pecans but the last time my friend had this it came with them so it's in the recipe as an option.
Top Review by GREG IN SAN DIEGO
This was colorful and very tasty. I always prepare French Toast with thick slices of bread which I've placed on the bread board to "dry" for at least 8 hours. I learned this technique from Alton Brown, and it really does make a huge difference. He also suggests making the egg batter in advance and refrigerating it overnight, but I haven't found that step improves the toast.
- 4 slices of good white bread (1 inch thick, try texas toast bread)
- 2 bananas (sliced)
- 8 -12 strawberries (sliced)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped butter
- maple syrup
- chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sugar, milk, cinnamon, egg, and vanilla in a shallow pan. ( Another way I've seen this is to leave the sugar and cinnamon out of this step mix them together and then sprinkle them over the toast after it has cooked, whatever sounds good to you, I've done them both).
- Dip each slice of bread, flipping it over to saturate both sides.
- Fry in a frying pan that has been preheated on medium heat with a little butter in the bottom of the pan.
- Brown both sides, remove from heat and garnish each slice of bread with 1/2 a banana and 2-3 strawberries and desired amounts of butter and syrup and nuts -- enjoy.