Recipe by Tomboy
I invented this recipe for my husband who is a (wannabe) body builder! They taste good and (hopefully) help to put on the muscle!
Top Review by sprue
these were great! soft and moist and nutritious.. i didnt put the protein pwd in (didnt have) i threw in some hemp seeds and subbed one cup of the flour with a mix of wheat bran, wheat germ, and oats.. i also added some vanilla and did half cottage cheese and half yogurt.. i didnt have bran flakes so i used some all bran and it worked great. also instead of the margarine i but in some prune butter and a little oil.. and threw some walnuts into the whole thing!. seems like a lot of changes but its what i do to almost all recipes.. i baked mine for about 15 min and was afraid it was too long and they would be dry but they werent and everyone raved... (next time i will still bake them for a minute less).. thanks for a super healthy high protein and fiber muffin.. its just what i was looking for!!
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60 g egg white powder or 60 g protein powder
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 100 g low fat cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 cups self raising flour (Wholemeal if you like)
- 3⁄4 cup crushed bran flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the margarine and the sugar in a bowl.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the Protein powder, mashed Bananas and Cottage Cheese and mix well.
- Blend Carb Soda with the milk and add alternately with flour and Bran Flakes.
- Spoon mix into muffin pan and bake 190 deg celsius for 20 minutes.