Recipe by twissis
This recipe from the *Microwave* cookbook of the Australian Womens Weekly cookbook series opened my eyes & focused them on really spec things to create easily in my microwave. I'm into easy, fast, versatile + impressive & see this recipe as a prime example. I have not made this, but think it would make a great Starter or Brunch/Lunch/Buffet item. I hope you'll agree & give it a try. *Enjoy* ! *EDITED TO ADD* In response to reviewer comments, I have included 1 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning as an opt add to this recipe.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Ring the dinner bell, call all the men from the fields, and make sure to bring Bubba up from the corn crib. The Longmeadow Farm it about to chow down on the easiest, most pleasing tomato in the bunch. Wow, as everybody clanks in, the aroma of fresh crab, the lovely camembert cheese, and festive tomato are highlighted in a very smooth taste of goodness. I don't know what else to call it as words fail me. This is last of the lonely tomatoes sitting in the patch, so I gathered 6 as suggested by the author of the recipe. I did also at the suggestion use 6 oz. of camembert and followed with a shot of Old Bay right into the mixture and a shot at the end. The capers, rice, and green onion blend so nicely here, and give this a 5* plus & then some. I was able to get this to the kitchen table in about 10 minutes flat, and believe me, the devour-a-ra-tion of these beauties were completed in much less time. What a great, great way to use those extra tomatoes in the summer. Microwave was perfect for 5 minutes, although my tomato that is in the picture had a partial blow out, it was still as tasty as a piece of bacon bouncing in a frying pan. Thanks twissis for a truly spectacular evening supper! Made for twissis, *Welcome Home* event. Fall 2008
- 6 tomatoes (med to lrg size)
- 4 ounces camembert cheese (See note at end of prep)
- 6 ounces canned crabmeat (drained & cleaned of debris)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon capers (chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a slice from the top of ea tomato. Scoop out seeds & pulp w/a tsp & reserve for another use. Set tomatoes aside.
- W/a sharp knife, remove rind from cheese & chop cheese finely into a mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients + Old Bay seasoning (if using) & mix to combine.
- Spoon crab mixture into tomato shells (pack as needed for tomato size). Place tomatoes in shallow microwave-safe dish, cook on HIGH for 5 minutes & serve immediately.
- NOTE: While the recipe calls for 4 oz of the Camembert cheese, I'd prob use 6 oz. The way I see it, can more Camembert cheese ever be wrong? NOT!