Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Reinvent this classic combination by serving as an elegant brunch dish! From: www.howreyou.com.
- 8 vine ripened tomatoes
- 2 cups liquid egg substitute, well-shaken
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon non-hydrogenated margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat broiler. Slice the top off of each tomato. Hollow out each tomato, leaving a firm shell; reserve. (Discard the caps and pulp or reserve for another purpose).
- Whisk the liquid eggs with the dill, onion, salt and pepper until well combined. Melt the margarine in a large, non-stick skillet and set over MEDIUM HEAT. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook, without stirring, for 1 minute. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are fluffy and almost set; remove from heat. Gently stir in the salmon and capers.
- Scoop an equal portion of the egg mixture evenly into each hollowed tomato; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle each tomato evenly with goat cheese. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is browned. Garnish with additional smoked salmon and dill (if using).
Love smoked salmon with scrambled eggs any time but takes it to whole new level when you stuff it into sweet vine ripened tomatoes with the slight saltiness from the goat cheese and capers and you have a 5 star recipe, thank you Chef for a great recipe, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.