Recipe by JC in Texas
This is the only recipe among my posted that I have not personally tried, but we tomato lovers all know that a tomato is a tomato is a tomato. From The Kitchen Library.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley (Italian)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 4 anchovies packed in oil, drained and cut into small pieces
- 3 eggs, hard-cooked and cut into cubes
- 4 slices lemons
- 12 well-drained capers
- 4 leaves fresh curly-leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the top off of each tomato. Using a spoon, gently remove the pulp and seeds. Lightly salt the insides and then invert onto a plate for 30 minutes to drain.
- In a small bowel stir together the mustard and salt to taste until well mixed. Add the oil and stir vigorously until blended. Add the flat-leaf parsley, mint, basil, anchovies and eggs, mix well.
- Turn the tomatoes cut side up and place on a serving dish. Fill each tomato with one-fourth of the mixture. Place l lemon slice atop each tomato. Decorate each slice with 3 capers and a parsley leaf and serve.