Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This goes well with any meat or poultry or as part of a buffet or meatless meal. Seems a natural blend of flavours especially with the goat cheese! from The Lighthearted cookbook - Anne Lindsay
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese or 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Slice each tomatoe into about 4 thick slices.
- Arrange in single layer in shallow baking dish or microwave safe dish.
- Thinly slice goat cheese, arrange over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with pepper to taste, then basil.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or microwave on high 100% power for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Delicious and easy! I used goat cheese and was generous with the pepper. Also used ripe organic tomatoes and broiled. I love how the broiler makes the cheese just start to turn brown after it starts to bubble. Love the fresh basil!
Love, love, love this dish. It's particularly good with homegrown tomatoes and a really nice artisan cheese. Yum!
Loved this recipe Derf! I changed to Swiss Cheese out of necessity and added a smidge of finely chopped red onion. For all the Sommersizers out there, this makes a great refreshing lunch. Thx so much!