Prep 7 mins
Cook 40 mins
I know you see the soup and say uck, This is very good cake. You'll just haaave to try it Yummy!
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml shortening (crisco)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can tomato soup (Campbell's)
- 118.29 ml milk
- 473.18 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1 ground cloves
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 3.69 ml salt
- 118.29 ml floured raisins
- Cream together sugar,shortening.
- Add eggs, soup,and milk.
- Sift together flour,baking powder, soda, cloves,cinnamon, salt.
- Mix batters together.
- Fold in raisins.
- Pour into a greased floured 13x9 baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
I love this cake! I have made it for work a couple of times, and also baked it for my inlaws. To add a bit of an extra 'kick' and 'glamorize' it I poked a few holes in it while it was cooling and poured a tad of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum and allowed it to soak in. Once cool, I layered it up and filled and coated it with Cream Cheese Frosting, Brown Decorative Sugar Crystals and Pecans. Delicious!
I have been making this recipe for years. It is a wonderful moist cake. I use cream cheese frosting. It is one of my husband's favorites.
Dont let the tomato soup turn you away fom this recipe. Very moist cake. It wont last long. I had a pregnancy craving for this cake. My mom used to make this cake when i was a kid.