Recipe by Oolala
Another magazine find. The lemon rind and juice get utilized in this salad. I love the lemon oil fragrance in the lemon skin! I had it as a side dish with shrimp scampi and it went well. Nice with sea salt.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 large lemon
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomatoes and cilantro in large bowl.
- With a vegetable peeler, carefully remove peel from lemon, leaving white pith behind.
- Toss with tomatoes.
- Squeeze lemon to make 1/4 cup juice; pour in oil and whisk with lemon juice until blended.
- Pour over tomatoes; toss lightly, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.