Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe source: Fresh from the Farmers Market
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 lb mixed tomatoes (use different colors and sizes if possible)
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1 dozen basil leaves
- In a small cup or bowl combine dressing ingredients (olive oil - pepper). Let stand for 15 minutes while preparing salad.
- Prepare tomatoes by coring large tomatoes and halving and then slice them thinly. Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Arrange tomatoes on a platter arranging them so that different colors of the tomatoes are arranged attractively and then adding the cherry tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with corn.
- Tear basil into small pieces and then scatter them over all.
- Spoon dressing over top and serve.
Refreshingly yummy. Great use of summer tomatoes, corn and basil. I did use champagne vinegar, Purple and beefsteak tomatoes, fresh white corn. Lots of black pepper. Thanks! Made for Veggie tag.
I was all out of white wine vinegar so I used red. I must admit I was a little anxious that the vinegar could overpower the other flavours but it was a small enough amount that it simply enhanced and brightened them. A really lovely, fresh-tasting salad that I'll definitely make again!