Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These two-bite tarts filled with sun-dried tomatoes, basil and cheese disappear as quickly as the go together.
- 2 (2 1/8 ounce) packagesbaked miniature phyllo cups
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, not packed in oil, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half or 3 tablespoons light cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325°F Place phyllo shells on a baking sheet, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato and enough boiling water to cover, set aside for 2 minutes. Drain well. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, half-and-half, basil, salt and pepper. Stir in tomato and Swiss cheese.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the filling into each shell. Bake 10-15 minutes or until filling is slightly puffed and a small knife inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cool.
Yes, these were very easy to make, and pretty! It does take longer to make them than to eat them all! I used the 1/2 and 1/2, and increased the basil to a full tablespoon. I increased the pinches of s&p (or maybe I just took a big-fingered pinch) on my second try with these, the first batch was a bit flat tasting, but my fingers are very small, so I should have know that my pinches were, too. I used gruyere for the swiss and added in some asiago to "scooch" the flavor up. Great recipe, TattooedMama