Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 0.5 (15 ounce) packacgae refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 plum tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Unroll the piecrust on a lightly greased baking sheet. Roll into a 12 inch circle and brush the outer edge with water. Fold eges up and crimp. Prick the bottom and bake for 8 -10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Adjust oven temperature to 375°F.
- Arrange tomato slices over the cheese.
- Stir together the remaining mozzarella, mayonnaise, and the next three ingredients. Spread over the tomato slices.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and sprinkle fresh basil over top.