Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was given to me by a co-worker after our Christmas luncheon. The flavors work so well together. This is great for a side or pot luck. Enjoy.
- 16 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 5 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped black olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced of fresh mint
- fresh basil sprig
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine tomato, garlic, olives, basil, salt& pepper in a large bowl.
- Top with pasta& cheese.
- Combine oil, pepper flakes and mint in a small glass bowl.
- Microwave on High for 60 seconds.
- Pour oil mixture over pasta, tossing to combine.
- Cover an refrigerate until chilled.
Wonderful and different ingredients in this pasta salad. These are all my favorites combined into one salad. Will definitely keep this recipe handy. This is the third recipe in the Pick Your Chef #2 contest. Thanks so much for posting!
My mom made a bridal shower for me so she asked me for a salad with pasta so I found this one... everyone made compliments on this salad and asked for the recipe. It tastes great, the only thing is I couldn't find the red pepper flakes, it still tastes great without it. WONDERFULL SALAD!
Sorry to say, we did not love this. I used extra virgin olive oil for the dressing and followed the recipe exactly but for some reason the taste was just not great. I think it had a lot to do with the amount of pepper flakes--I didn't even add them all (I spooned the oil out of the bowl leaving many of the flakes at the bottom) and it was still too much. I ended up adding some ranch dressing to it so we could even eat it.