Recipe by Just Cher
This was given to me by a co-worker after our Christmas luncheon. The flavors work so well together. This is great for a side or pot luck. Enjoy.
Top Review by Marie
Wonderful and different ingredients in this pasta salad. These are all my favorites combined into one salad. Will definitely keep this recipe handy. This is the third recipe in the Pick Your Chef #2 contest. Thanks so much for posting!
- 16 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 5 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped black olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced of fresh mint
- fresh basil sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine tomato, garlic, olives, basil, salt& pepper in a large bowl.
- Top with pasta& cheese.
- Combine oil, pepper flakes and mint in a small glass bowl.
- Microwave on High for 60 seconds.
- Pour oil mixture over pasta, tossing to combine.
- Cover an refrigerate until chilled.