Just Cher's Note:
This was given to me by a co-worker after our Christmas luncheon. The flavors work so well together. This is great for a side or pot luck. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 5 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- fresh basil sprig
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- 3Combine tomato, garlic, olives, basil, salt& pepper in a large bowl.
- 4Top with pasta& cheese.
- 5Combine oil, pepper flakes and mint in a small glass bowl.
- 6Microwave on High for 60 seconds.
- 7Pour oil mixture over pasta, tossing to combine.
- 8Cover an refrigerate until chilled.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.4
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 627.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 15.8 g