Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you get everything ready while the orzo cooks, this tasty salad can be made very quickly.
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Place orzo in a large bowl.
- While orzo is cooking combine remaining ingredients, except feta cheese, into a small bowl. Mix well. Stir into orzo.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top.
- Chill throughly. Stir when mixture is cold, mixing feta cheese into salad.
- Note: preparation time does not include chilling time.
What a very fresh salad. :) I scaled this down for 2 and used fresh cherry tomatoes diced and added some chopped Kalamata olives. Also stirred in 1 tablespoon olive oil prior to topping with the feta cheese. Served this with Greek Style Sea Scallops Brochettes. Thanks for this wonderful recipe, a keeper! * Made for SSaSSy's ZWT 6 *
OMG! I loved this! I was a bit sceptical about there being no salt or pepper listed but I made it as written and can't fault it, wonderful! And so low in fat!!! Yay! I've found my diet friendly Summer salad, will go great with bbq Greek marinated lamb steaks. Thank you for posting, made for ZWT6.