Recipe by morgainegeiser
If you get everything ready while the orzo cooks, this tasty salad can be made very quickly.
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
What a very fresh salad. :) I scaled this down for 2 and used fresh cherry tomatoes diced and added some chopped Kalamata olives. Also stirred in 1 tablespoon olive oil prior to topping with the feta cheese. Served this with Recipe #423347. Thanks for this wonderful recipe, a keeper! * Made for SSaSSy's ZWT 6 *
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Place orzo in a large bowl.
- While orzo is cooking combine remaining ingredients, except feta cheese, into a small bowl. Mix well. Stir into orzo.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top.
- Chill throughly. Stir when mixture is cold, mixing feta cheese into salad.
- Note: preparation time does not include chilling time.