Recipe by Charlotte J
Cooking time is a guess.
Top Review by Kiwiwife
Thanks Charlotte for such a different casserole. I can not wait to make this as posted. halfway through I realized I had NO CHEDDAR! Argh. I used what I had (montery jack and havarti) and it was still delicious! Even with such bland cheeses. I think it will be fantastic with extra sharp cheddar! The amounts did take more for me. I needed 3 tomatoes. Thank you for posting, so yummy!!
- 1 medium eggplant
- boiling salt water
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- black pepper
- 4.92 ml finely chopped onion
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 177.44 ml cracker crumb
- 118.29 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 6 slice tomatoes
- cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice eggplant, peel and put into boiling salted water immediately.
- Boil about 10 minutes until tender.
- Drain and return to pan and mash.
- Blend in butter, eggs, pepper, onion, oregano and cracker crumbs.
- Add the grated cheese.
- Pour into buttered casserole and cover with the tomato slices.
- Sprinkle top with additional cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees until lightly browned on top.