Recipe by PaulaG
The recipe comes from About.com and has been modified slightly. Vine ripened tomatoes is a must for this quick to fix side dish.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
A perfect salad for vine-ripened tomatoes. I made a serving for two and diced the tomato and cucumber rather than slice. Also skipped the oil and sugar because we're trying to limit calories. Am making it again tonight for dinner and will let it sit 30 minutes at room temp before serving. Yum, yum! Thanks for posting.
- 4 tomatoes, vine ripened
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the tomatoes and cucumber in thin slices; arrange on salad plates alternating cucumber and tomatoes.
- In a small dish, combine the vinegar, oil and sugar; drizzle over sliced tomatoes and cucumber; sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Can be served immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving.