Recipe by Dancer^
Another recipe from my friend Marina, she makes this in the summer when tomatoes are fresh. Winter tomatoes just don't work well in this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons white onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 lbs tomatoes, peeled and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cream, whipping
- 4 tablespoons gin
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 fresh basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the tomatoes.
- Remove the seeds and slice into half-inch cubes.
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the tomato paste.
- Add the tomatoes and chopped basil leaves.
- Bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend with a small hand blender.
- Stir in cream and gin.
- Pour into six soup dishes.
- Garnish with a spoon of sour cream and a basil leaf.