Recipe by jackandfiona
I've adapted this recipe to suit my Weight Watchers Points Plan. The chickpeas can be replaced with meat, beans or pasta, but only to the same value (3 points). Use a sugar free canned tomato soup concentrate if you can. The whole recipe is only 5 points. This soup is ideal for freezing. I freeze it in one person lunch size portions so I can take it out and microwave it for lunch instead of eating rubbish. It is very filling and satisfying with a wholegrain roll.
- 1 (425 g) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 red capsicums or 1⁄2 yellow capsicum, diced
- 1 cup vegetables, of your choice (0 points)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften the chopped onion in the oil.
- Add all other ingredients to the pot.
- Season to your taste.
- Cook 20 minutes or until vegetables just soft.
- Serve with a crusty wholemeal bun.
- If you use frankfurters for your meat, that lovely smokey taste they have makes this soup particularly nice.