- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 slices baguette, 1/2 inch thick
- 6 slices monterey jack cheese, quartered (or American)
- 3 roma tomatoes, sliced into 24 slices (very thin)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl,stir together first 5 ingredients.
- Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheet and brush oil mixture onto each slice.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 mnutes or until lightly toasted.
- Preheat broiler.
- Top each slice of bread with 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of tomato and brush with remaining oil mixture.
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until cheese begins to melt,about 1-2 minutes.