Recipe by Teman24
I made this recipe out of a craving for a baked potato but didn't want the usual fixings that go along with a baked potato. It's so much like a twice baked potato but with much more flavor. Hope you like it.
- 4 potatoes (cooked with skin on)
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli (diced or chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes (diced or chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup bacon (pieces or bits)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (milk optional substitute)
- 1 teaspoon onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic (minced or powder)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- olive oil or peanut oil
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- cheddar cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat your oven to Hi broil.
- Butter spray, salt and basil a non-stick cooking tray.
- Cut oval openings into the cooked potatoes and core out the inside leaving them to resemble soup bread bowls.
- Lightly butter spray the inside of the potato bowls and place on seasoned cooking tray.
- On medium heat, olive/peanut oil a sauteing pan and add the broccoli, tomato, bacon, and Parmesan.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, pepper, salt, basil, and tarragon and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce to low heat and stir in the heavy cream until a mashed firmness is achieved.
- Remove from heat and spoon into buttered potato bowls.
- Generously shower stuffed potatoes with Cheddar and place into oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is to desired toasted melt.