Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A light and garlicy accompaniment. I saw this in a cooking magazine years ago but can't tell you which one. Edited to add: I think that if spearmint and oregano were subbed for the basil, this would make a great accompaniment for Greek dishes. Let me know what you all think....
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 basil leaves, cut in ribbons
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and stir for around 5 minutes until golden, but not burned or bitter.
- Remove pan from heat, let cool.
- Place tomatoes and basil in serving bowl, pour cooled oil and garlic over.
- Toss well.
DELICIOUS... you can also make bruchetta with this, just add some parmesan and put it on toasted baguette slices and re taost it in the oven. MMM MMM MMM, thanks for the recipe!
Beautiful on the plate and a wonderful way to enjoy the tastes of summer. Didn't and won't change a thing.