Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great salad - especially for those of us who love balsamic vinegar
Make and share this Tomato Basil Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large garden tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces. (Folks, the word "garden" is included for a reason. Do not try this with store bought tomatoes.)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional for the fat-conscious)
- salt (Kosher salt is best)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Gently mix together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate and serve.
This is a nice change from the ordinary and a great way to use those wonderful fresh garden tomatoes. For my taste it was a little tart. The recipe didn't specify so I used a dark balsamic vinegar. I may make this again with the white to compare the difference. All in all a good recipe. Thanks for sharing.
I made this recipe just as written and found it to be very good! A nice change from boring sliced tomatoes and it makes a pretty side dish. Thanks!