Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I got the basis for this recipe from my cousin's wife, who absolutely adores the taste of fresh basil! This is a great, simple summer pasta salad, with a nice light blend of flavors. FRESH basil is a must on this one!! This salad is great alongside BBQ chicken. Easy, and yummy!! Prep. time includes marinating time.
- 453.59 g rotini pasta
- 907.18 g plum tomatoes or 907.18 g roma tomatoes, diced
- 3-4 clove garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- fresh basil leaf, chopped,to taste (I use about 1/3 cup)
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese (fresh is best)
- Mix together the tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and basil.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, and rinse under cold water; drain.
- Mix pasta with tomato mixture until well-combined.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with additional Parmesan, if desired.
Manda, as I sit here eating this delicious pasta salad I will tell you that this recipe is excellent! So very easy to make and so very full of flavor! I do love a good pasta salad and this is one of the best, most refreshing ones I have tried. This would be great for a picnic, summertime supper or even as a quick lunch the next day! Could very easily be packed into a lunch to take along. Thank you for submitting this wonderful recipe, Manda! I will definitely be making this one again!
I have made this pasta salad about 5 times now and think it is absolutely wonderful. It is very easy to make and quite delicious. I like using flavored oils such as garlic or hot peppers. I also add a couple more tablespoons of oil. To spice it up a bit I like to finely mince a jalapeno and add it in too.
Delicious. I left the Parmesan cheese out so people could add or omit and everyone loved it, even my toddler wanted more. Thanks so much for a great recipe.