Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good old sandwich that's comforting, quick, easy, fresh, simple, out of the garden and delish.
- 2 slice fresh white bread
- 2 slice fresh ripe tomatoes
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
- 14.79-29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 2 slice American cheese
- salt and pepper
- Spread Mayo on one side of both slices of bread place basil leaves on Mayo then tomato and cheese on one slice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place slice of bread on top and slice in half side to side or corner to corner& enjoy.
- Hopefully you get the best summer tomatoes that when eating this the juice drips and makes you feel like a kid!
I threw this together because I've had a busy day and I wanted something quick and easy. I had fresh basil and tomoatoes on hand for a recipe I'm making tomorrow, so I gave this recipe a try. This was a wonderful simple sandwich. I'll be making this again soon. Thanks!
Purple basil topped my tomatoes on this refreshing sandwich. I did not use salt and pepper but I think I'll use some cracked pepper next time. Easy and fun sandwich to make. Thank you for posting. Made for *ZWT4* 2008 game for the *Family Pick Round* I'm playing for *Tastebud Tickling Travellers*
Awesome sandwich! So fresh and delicious...and yes I do feel like a kid again! The tomatoes from the garden are perfect here and this simplicity of this sandwich lets the fresh basil and tomatoes shine! Thanks Rita! *Made for ZWT*