Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are delicious. Make them for your next dinner party.
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 4 slices bread
- 1 cup milk
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Partially cook bacon slices; set aside.
- Cut tops from tomatoes; scoop out pulp& retain, discarding juice& seeds.
- Turn tomatoes upside down on a paper towel to drain while preparing filling.
- Remove crusts from bread; crumble bread& combine with milk; soak 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients including chopped tomato pulp.
- Season inside of each tomato cup with a pinch of oregano, salt& pepper; fill with savory mixture.
- Wrap a bacon slice around each tomato; secure with toothpicks.
- Bake at 350 until filling is set, about 15-20 minutes.