Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've been making these for years as an appetizer and they never disappoint - even my kids love them. I got this recipe from a Pampered Chef party. It is a light recipe with approximately 47 calories and 1 grams of fat per square.
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 44.37 ml bacon bits (use real bacon)
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 177.44 ml low-fat swiss cheese, grated
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 311.84 g packagerefrigerated French bread dough
- 29.58 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coarsely chop pepper and onion with food processor.
- Combine first six ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- Grate cheese, if necessary.
- Unroll bread dough and press into bottom of 9x13-inch baker.
- Roll dough 1/4-inch up sides of 9x13 baker to form a rim.
- Trim excess dough and discard.
- Spread dough with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with vegetable mixture and top with grated cheeses.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly puffed and golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut into 24 squares.
Outstanding...and it is so easy to put together! My guests and I loved it. Will be turning to this one again and again! Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
NOW THIS IS AN OUTSTANDING APPETIZER/SNACK! Originally I was going to make this as an appetizer (& will, another time) but made it this first time for lunch of a different kind! Prep is so easy & the taste is really great ~ so satisfying! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]
Yum yum! This made a great lunch for DH and I. I had to use Boboli crust, as that's all my local store had. Delish!