Recipe by ajeanhill
Found this in a Vegetarian cookbook. Easy soup to make and very delicious. Can use for lunch or a start for dinner. Can be served warm or cold.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (large white beans)
- 1 (28 ounce) canstewed low-sodium tomatoes
- 2 green onions, green parts only
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- parsley (to taste) or dill (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt free herb and spice seasoning mix
- seasoning, mix (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Reserve half of the beans and place the rest in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients.
- Puree until smooth. Transfer to a serving container if serving col or to a large saucepan if serving hot. Stir in the reserved beans.
- Serve at once if you'd like this a room temperature, or cover and refrigerate until chilled if desired. If you'd like to serve this warm, heat slowly in a large sauce pan and serve.