Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a variation of the classic spanish dish, wich also can be made with as many ingredients as you can find in your refrigerator. For example, if you don't have potatoes but some leftovers of rice or plain pasta, use them instead and the tortilla will be also delicious. You can try whatever filling you want!
- 150 g tomatoes (peeled, deseeded and diced)
- 2 potatoes (cooked, peeled and diced)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Saute the onion until golden brown, add salt and pepper and turn off the flame.
- Add the potatoes and tomatoes and leave it to cool. When it's cooler add the 4 yolks stirring very well so they do not get cooked.
- In an other bowl beat with an electric mixer the whites until foamy, and then add softly to the previus preparation.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the mixture. Cook on high flame for 3-4 minutes, turn it around with a flat dish and cook the other side 4 minutes more.
- Serve inmediatly with lot of fresh salads.