Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Boneless Skinless chicken breasts stuffed with a slice of fresh tomato and a thin slice of deli mozzarella cheese then covered with bacon strips and baked
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 slices thick slab bacon (thick cut butcher style)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices tomatoes or 1 small tomatoes
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese (thin sliced from the deli counter)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut a slice on the side of each chicken breast starting in the middle and cutting to about 1/8 from the ends creating a pocket. Slice the small tomato into 4 slices. Cut bacon into strips approx 2 1/2 - 3 inches long.
- Season chicken inside and out. Place 2 tomato slices and a slice mozzarella cheese inside each chicken breast. Place sprig of rosemary on top of each breast. Cover each breast with 4 strips of bacon tucking ends underneath. Place in shallow baking dish and bake for 45-50.
- Remove bacon from chicken breasts and put off to the side for later use. Stick chicken back in the oven for an additional 8-10 minutes until browned. While the chicken breast brown, finish cooking the bacon either in a pan or in the microwave. When chicken is completely browned remove from oven and remove and discard the rosemary sprig. Crumble bacon and serve on top of chicken.