Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Moist, tender chicken breasts stuffed with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
Make and share this Tomato and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless skinless)
- 3 slices bacon (thick cut deli style)
- 3 slices tomatoes (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary (crushed or 1 sprig fresh)
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese (sandwich thickness)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut bacon slices into 3rds. Slice tomato into 3 slices. Butterfly chicken breasts cutting almost in half. Cut slices of cheese in half.
- Lay 1 1/2 slices of tomato in each chicken breast. Top that with both halves of cheese placed end to end on each breast. Sprinkle each breasts on the inside with garlic and onion powders and pepper. Close chicken breasts. Sprinkle each breasts on top with small amount of rosemary or if using fresh pull off a couple leaves and place on top of each breasts. Lay bacon across each breasts. Tuck any overlay of bacon underneath breasts. Secure bacon with toothpicks.
- Place breasts in shallow baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove bacon (and fresh rosemary leaves if used). Place chicken back in oven for additional 8-10 minutes to brown. While waiting for chicken, place any uncooked bacon in the microwave for a few seconds to completely cook. Serve chicken with crumbled bacon on top.