This is a recipe from Rachael Ray. You will need a cast-iron skillet. Preparation time does not include time for the rising of the dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Skillet Pizza Dough
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1For the dough, in small bowl, stir together the lukewarm water, yeast and sugar.
- 2Let stand until foamy, 3-5 minutes.
- 3Using a standing mixer, mix the flour and salt at a low speed.
- 4Mix in the yeast mixture and olive oil until a shaggy dough forms.
- 5Change to the dough hook attachment and mix at medium speed until smooth, about 6 minutes.
- 6Transfer the dough to a greased, large mixing bowl, turning to coat; cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 7Punch down the dough before using.
- 8Press the pizza dough into a greased 9-inch to 10-inch cast-iron skillet and let rise until double in size, 20-30 minutes.
- 9Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 10In a medium nonstick skillet, heat 1 T olive oil over medium heat.
- 11Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 12Add the tomatoes, season with salt and black pepper, and cook, stirring for 1 minute more.
- 13Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes; discard the garlic.
- 14Drizzle the remaining 1 T olive oil over the dough; spoon the tomato mixture on top, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- 15Bake until golden and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- 16Sprinkle the cheese, crushed red pepper and oregano on top and bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- 17Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-And-Cheese Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.3
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 767.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 15.1 g