Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A different take on the normal tomato bruschetta.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup plum tomato, chopped & seeded & peeled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cannellini beans, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces italian country bread, diagonally sliced into 8 pieces (1/4 inch)
- extra virgin olive oil
- chopped basil (to garnish)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add tomatoes and garlic, cook 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add cannellini beans,salt and red pepper to pan, mashing beans with a fork. Cook 1 minute or until throughly heated. Remove from heat. Spread bean mixture evenly over each bread slice, drizzle each with 1/2 tspn extra virgin olive oil, and then top with each with 1 1/2 tspns chopped basil.